Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Palm won't synch under new NT profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

robinjohnson

Technical User
Apr 9, 2001
GB
Hi,

The Palm/ Chapura apps that manage Palm synch won't work under my new NT profile, and unfortunately company policy means I can't reinstall the Palm software - I won't be given admin rights.

Anyone know a workaround? I'm leaving my company in 2 weeks and desperately need to synch all my contacts out of outlook b4 I go...

Robin

Only unless you can see the other profile folder in Windows Explorer. If it won't let you in then you need Admin Rights
That's why NT is so secure.
If you can get in then....
You can copy that file to a Floppy or e-mail it to your home DougP, MCP

Visit my WEB site to see how Bar-codes can help you be more productive

Can you tell me if you're getting an error message of any kind? Or is the Palm just not communicating with the desktop? If it's not communicating, check the port setting in Palm Desktop ( it has a tendancy to switch on its own sometimes). If you're getting an error message that references the owner of the Palm, call the Palm Support people and they'll explain how to fix that. We had that problem when we loaded the Chapura software.

MY admin installed my palm software, an I am unable to use it at my station. He thinks I am to click happy and locked my out of admin rights( long story made short, he is afraid I know to much) but back to the palm. The short cut is there but once I click it the application gets terminated. I am however able to synch my palm with it( where the info is going is a mystery!)
I think I dont have shortcut privilages to the software. All I ask for is the software to open on my station after he instals under "admin". Is it me or does he need to give me Admin rights to use the palm software?
Any help is appreciated!

i~ESHAbee

You must read to S-U-C-C-E-E-D.....then bug em'to death with questions!

We use Palm and Easysync on NT workstation.
In order for the user to use the Palm desktop, the software must be installed under that user's name. The way we do it is to temporarily make the user an Admin. Install the software, then remove the user from Admin. This seems to work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back