Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

palm vx won't hotsync

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdk

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2002
US
I have a palm vx that used to hotsync but not anymore. I've tried it on a different pc and everything works fine so it's not the cradle or the palm. I tried the USB solution and the palm software recognizes it (com 4) but it still doesn't work. I've tried switching ports between com 1 and com 2 and that doesn't work. Control Panel/System shows everything working normally. How do I go about troubleshooting from here? Any great ideas? Thanks...

The last time I dealt with this issue I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the palm software. Double checking the comminications settings and cleaning the contacts on both the Palm cradle and Palm.
On another occasion simply pressing the Palm firmly into the cradle solved the problem.
You may be dealing with other problems. I would like to hear what you figure out, as I support a small fleet of these things.
Lee

I'm having the same hotsync problem with the PAlm Vx on a windows 2000 workstation. I've tried to reinstall the software, use another com port, switching com ports with the modem, cleaning the cradle/handheld connections,...and still doens't work. At this point I'm not sure what to do. I've had the problem before with another user and was able to fix the sync issue just by switching com ports. Could there be a com port conflict? Com ports seem to be working properly. Any suggestions please!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back