Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Palm Pilot - Notes and Outlook compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLad

Technical User
Aug 3, 2001
GB
Guys

I have a few users with Palms currently synchronising with Lotus Notes at the moment. They also have an Outlook account and want to know whether they can synchronise the Notes and Outlook calendars on the same palm device.

Specifically, they want to find out whether items in their Outlook calendar will transfer to Notes via the Palm and vica versa.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (including weblinks if possible) -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

The short answer;

You can't hotsync any two calendars on the same Palm.

The long answer;

It may be possible to use a server or service that can do something like that.
One that comes to mind is a product from Interactive Intelligence called Mobilite.
(I have no connection to it, I just know it's a good product that I hope some day our company will use)
Most products like this will probably start at about $50,000.00 and then you start adding users.

I think if you go to Palm, or Handsprings websites they will have info on some companies that offer services.

Hope this helps!
tgus

Thanks for the reply. I know this sounds ridiculous but I am dealing with people quite high up in the company who don't know much.

Do Palm have any supporting documentation I could thrust in their face? -----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"
-----------------------------------------------------

I can't seem to find anything that says that you can or can't sync to multiple calendars.
Which actually says a lot. If you could do it you would be able to find something on it.

While this link doesn't come out and say that you can't, it does have some good info and may be a good starting point for you.

P.S. - I have to deal with my President/CEO and he believes me.

tgus

We recently migrated from Outlook to Notes. I was able to transfer Palm Users' calendars from Outlook to Notes using their PDA and Intellisync from PumaTech. They were thrilled to have their current and future (it wouldn't do past for some reason) calendar entries put into Notes for them. This was a one-time deal though, and I don't know how well it would work doing it back and forth over time especially since I had to uninstall Pocket Mirror (Outlook Sync) and install Intellisync (Notes sync).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back