Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Palm OS on Server 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

elizabeth

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 1999
US
Has anyone tried this as an enterprise solution? I've seen something in print about Palm-device servers but don't know of anyone who's used them. Also wondered if there are any Palm dbs that work with Oracle... I don't see any listed at PalmGear.

My company is presently evaluating the Palm Hotsync Server product. This product allows for the inclusion of custom built conduits for connection to internal databases, etc. It is actually made by Aether Software ( and is also sold by them under the name "ScoutSync Server." They appear to have several viable Palm based enterprise products.

Other notable enterprise server based products that I am working with, or have seen:

AvantGo Enterprise Server
Xcellenet Afaria

I am sure there are others.

Thanks, lauridsd. If you get a chance, please post again when your eval is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back