Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Palm Desktop and installng for all users on W2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhogaj31

IS-IT--Management
Mar 11, 2003
GB
Environment = Windows 2000 sp3 in Windows NT 4 domain.

Is there any way of installing the palm desktop 4 software I am using on to a windows 2000 machine so that all users of that machine are able to use it.

At the moment I am the only one that is able to use it and I installed it.

When someone else logs in to the machine they have to be put into the local administrator's group and reinstall the application as themselves.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Jat

I am having the same problem! I have to do a 'run as...' and sign on to the domain as administrator for the software to work! It keeps telling me, "Error: Invalid configuration. Terminating the Palm Desktop" I have to get this palm working! Anyone have any ideas?!

I am not an authority on this, but I think you have to set up the program to run in all profiles. I have heard that it can be done, but I be danged if I know how. I know this doesn't solve your problems, but I would bet if you contacted an NT administrator or techie they could tell you how to get the program to run in all profiles. I think it has something to do with 'mapping the executable to the profile(s)'

Good luck

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back