Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Palm / Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I would need a Database, similar to MS-Access, on my Palm Vx. I´ve already tried Satellite Forms - is there anything else? have you made good / bad experience with certain products?

I would need a Database, which enables me to solve complex problems, at least it should be able to programm with it (eg. visual basic)

I like CAT SCAN by Stevens Creek software $99.00
It makes a relational database with lots of tables and so on. When you HotSync, it creates an ASCII text file that I linked to my Access application.

So when after I HotSync the Palm I open Acc4ess and there is the latest data to do whatever you want with it. You cannot update ASCII linked files though. So its just a one way affair (from Palm to PC)

Also Appforge make several different versions of a Visual Basic Plug-in to create apps for Palms
I found it very buggy though and not totally proven to get data from a Palm App to the PC
A lot of extra steps.
DougP, MCP

Visit my WEB site to see how Bar-codes can help you be more productive

Gutjhar,
Are satellite forms integrates directly with Access2000. You can download Access2000 tables directly to the palm device and conversely, upload directly to Access2000 mdb tables. You may have been a little stymied by the satellite forms documentation because it describes very well how to use ".dbf" files but in fact, if you dig around a little, you will discover that version 3.5 of SF integrates beautifully with access2000 (at least i am very satisfied with it).

Paul

Gutjhar,
Satellite forms integrates directly with Access2000. You can download Access2000 tables directly to the palm device and conversely, upload directly to Access2000 mdb tables. You may have been a little stymied by the satellite forms documentation because it describes very well how to use ".dbf" files but in fact, if you dig around a little, you will discover that version 3.5 of SF integrates beautifully with access2000 (at least i am very satisfied with it).

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back