Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Palm database

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanwan

ISP
Dec 2, 2002
US
The motherboard on my laptop died. So I transfered data from my laptop hard drive onto my network. I copied the entire Palm folder. What do I need to do to get all my Palm information such as addresses, notes, calendar information? I did not have the option to export the data into text or csv format. In the Palm folder that I backed up, I can see a folder called address with with 4 files:

address.bak 238KB
address.dat 238KB
Business.ABA 1KB
Distribu.ABA 1KB

Please help.

Regards,
Ryan

Did your Palm die too? If not, all you should have to do is re-install the Palm Desktop software, then sync your Palm. All of the data is on the Palm, and will be synced back to your computer.

If this is not the case (you let the Palm battery die or something), let us know and we'll give you some options.

AlphaGuy

This solution is solved. I installed the Palm Software then I did a copy and paste of all the folders and files from old Palm folder into the profile that I backed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back