Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Palettes Splitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaireNC

Technical User
Jan 10, 2011
US
We're running CS3 on a Mac 10.4.11. This is a recurring problem, but restarting Illustrator fixes it. Then, it works for a day or so, but it always comes back.

What's going on? Is there a solution?

Thanks!
Claire

More information:
My tool palettes in AI3 come apart. That is- the guts can move but the outside frame doesn't. Then, the tools don't work, until I click and drag the frame back in the opposite direction. The frame doesn't move, but when I let off of the mouse, the guts of the palette are close to the starting point depending on how close I was to the original move. Is this a bug everyone knows about but me? It has happened in other versions and on other computers.

...never experienced this myself, it's very odd indeed...

...have you tried the usual trashing of the illustrator settings folder Users > ~username > Library > Preferences > Adobe Illustrator CS Settings?

sometimes this can fix odd things happening with illustrator...

andrew

============
============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back