Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pair issue pc to phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithinoz

Technical User
Dec 21, 2005
AU
I am trying to pair my win 10/64 pc and andoid phone over bluetooth, On my pc I go to add another bluetooth device and the phone icon appears. I say ok and the same passcode appears on my pc and my phone. When I then say ok to pair with pc I receive the message Couldn't pair. Check settings.
Where do I go next? All my drivers are up to date

Check your phone - does it ask whether it is OK to pair with PC? May be one of those where you have to approve on both devices.

I have attached some screen shots.
1. Phone 1 jpg shows that my phone can "see" my PC (owner-pc)
2. Pc image shows the message I see when adding a bluetooth device. What seems to be missing is a switch to turn on/off bluetooth
3. If I go to Control Panel>Bluetooth devices>add device I then see PC image 2 which shows the passcode from the computer
4. Phone 2 jpg shows the same passcode on the phone. I push Ok but receive a message "cant pair"

Seems that line 2 is one of the problems. How do I turn on Bluetooth on my PC

Sorry . Forgot to add the images
phone_2_ni2piu.jpg
phone_1_kdkhhd.jpg
pc_image_g83dlr.jpg
pc_image_2_ebxgcd.jpg

Problem fixed. The port the dongle was inserted into was faulty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back