Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paid Transaction Removal - unique index AK4RM30101 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borvik

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
US
I'm trying to determine HOW to solve the problem - though I've managed to identify what the problem is (down to the trx).

We are receiving the error "Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.RM30101' with unique index AK4RM30101'." Followed by: "The stored procedure rmPaidTransactionRemoval returned the following results: DBMS: 2601, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0."

Based on the index AK4RM30101 (RMDTYPAL, DOCNUMBR) I figured it was a duplicate document number.

Running:
Code:
SELECT a.rmdtypal, a.docnumbr, b.rmdtypal, b.docnumbr
FROM RM20101 a
  INNER JOIN RM30101 b ON (a.rmdtypal = b.rmdtypal) AND (a.docnumbr = b.docnumbr)
Yielded just a single result (the duplicates).

Pulling all the fields for those documents, from their respective tables I found that BOTH are supposed to be valid.

Searching only suggested I modify the document number with a suffix, though event after I did that I was still unable to pull up the document in RM20101 in Cash Receipts Entry because it was "posted".

More searching suggested something to do with RM00401 and DCSTATUS (0: Reserved, 1: Work, 2: Open, 3: History), and it is showing a value of 2.

The customer numbers on these are different as are the method of payments, dates, and values.

How should I go about fixing this error?

I have never run into this issue before...from what you are describing, you have two transactions with the same doc type and doc number, which should never happen in GP. Fixing this will most likely involve changing the doc number for one of these in all the related tables, which could be a lot. The hard part of that will be that it's not called RMDTYPAL and DOCNUMBR in all those tables. If you have support available from Microsoft, I would recommend talking to GP Support about the best way to fix this.

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2012
Use Crystal Reports and SSRS with GP:
blog:

No, unfortunately we don't have support from Microsoft. Just the most basic stuff to get us the software updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back