Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paid help required from UK Access Guru

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonsjames

Programmer
Mar 21, 2002
GB
Hi,

I'm looking for some help, and am happy to talk a commercial rate as this is not going to be a one liner !.

I am looking to capture and record data from a vehicle access barrier, to monitor time and date of traffic movements. The electronic in the barrier already generate a signal everytime a vehicle passes over a sensor. I'm also preety competent with access, but the bit I can't fo is:-

To liaise with the barrier supplier, and make up a cable that can plug into the back of a PC running 24/7 with the application running. record every time a signal is sent (or it might be a circuit is broken - the manufacturer will advise us) and store in in a table. tblTraffic. with fields, ID(autonumber) date and time (as seperate fields). The rest I can handle, its the physical connection, and data capture from say the serial or USB port I can't do !. UK based, as the need to chat on the phone etc would be best, and posting of a cable etc.

Many thanks

Simon James.

Dear Simon

I am currently capturing data from my company's vehicles using GPS. Do you have the ability?

Thank you Demoman,

No we don't track vehicles specifically, we have an issue with our local council about the volume of traffic generated by our operation, coming and going from the site, so it simply recording single vehicle movements, in or out of our site.

eg:-

ID Date Time
1 1/JULY/02 12:00
2 1/JULY/02 12:21
3 1/JULY/02 13:02

Simon

I may be able to help. I am an electrical contractor & Access programmer for many years. Contact me at JWCCP@AOL.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back