Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging With A BCM 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared R

Technical User
Jun 25, 2017
US
I just purchased a bogen PA system for my BCM50 phone system (TAMB2 , GA2, & speaker). I was wondering if there is any configuration that you have to do to set up the Bogen TAMB2 up to the BCM50? Right now I have a connected to an analog station and when I access the paging system by dialing the analog station number,I can only hear a tone(Bogens tone; not Nortels tone)coming out of the ear of the phone and not the actual Nortel phone set itself. Note: I currently do not have the GA2 or ceiling speaker; I thought I could try it with my voice internally coming out of my Nortel T7316E set. If anyone could explain to me how this system works or how to program it so that it works right and to get my voice to come of all speakers using the Bogen system, that would be great! Thanks in advance!

I just purchased a bogen PA system for my BCM50 phone system (TAMB2 , GA2, & speaker)"
"Note: I currently do not have the GA2 or ceiling speaker"
You may want to edit the first line then.

FYI 1 - BCM and Norstar's have an external page output connection.
FYI 2 - BCM and Norstar's do not support Page Tone to external page ports

Due to too many clients complaining about "Page Tone" (on sets) I always program Page Tone = No when can.
I agree, it's an annoyance...just a page alone is a wakeup call.

But if it is required then that is where the TAMB comes into play.
If a page tone is not required then just a Bogen TPU15 would have done the trick.

If this is for just one speaker in very small warehouse then you are better off with just a horn and power supply, no need for an amp and the rest but know you could get a TPU15 Talkback version if required.

"I can only hear a tone(Bogens tone; not Nortels tone)coming out of the ear of the phone and not the actual Nortel phone set itself"
Ear of the phone- do you mean the handset?
actual Nortel phone set itself- do you mean the set's speaker?
If you have a Tamb hooked up then I will presume you will hear a tone from the sets's speakers and no tone from the overhead speakers.
In programming there is Tone = Y or N.

"to get my voice to come of all speakers using the Bogen system"
If you mean both the external overhead speaker and the set's speakers then you need to program sets into page zones and use the appropriate feature code to page.

Firebird - "I think "Feature" 610 allows paging to all the digital / IP Phones."
In this example 6 is page, 1 is phones only, 0 is all zones (sets that are in zone 1)

If you want to page speakers and zone 0(all sets) then the example would be:
Feature 630
6 is page, 3 is Sets and Speakers, 0 is ALL zones.

Feature 62 is Speakers only (When I say Speakers I mean the External Page port)

See Paging FAQ's here for more info:
Hope that helps

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks, that does help. I purchased the TAMB2 just for fun knowing that I didn’t need it but to instead learn how it works. So I have 1 last question. On my BCM, I am using AA with park and page. I would still like to try and use the Bogen TAMB2. Is there a way to have that unit pickup up and announce the “***** 101” department message? I can’t seem to figure out how to set that up if it’s even possible since the park and page isn’t calling an extension to announce for a paging unit like in my case. I’m not sure if there’s a way to do that or not?

The Callpilot is where programming is done.
In CCR your choices for Paths include Park&Page.
Pick your page type for overhead and zone for phones.
Read the guide for more info if needed.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back