Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging while on a call 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gusbenz

Technical User
Oct 11, 2015
US
I have AVAYA 1616 phones. Is there a way to page a user via speakerphone while they are on a call. I want to be able to announce incoming calls while a user is on the telephone.

You can try the Whisper Page option. It pages through the handset though.

mbatech

Why?

What are the supposed to do with it if they are already on a call?

Either transfer the call to someone who is free or queue it until someone is available by transferring to a group, it is what they are there for.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I want to be able to announce a second call to someone that is already on the phone.

if display waiting call is enabled on the phone then they will know this themselves when they get called

I want to hear from the receptionist who is calling while on the phone on another line. Is this possible?

Only if she is allowed to barge into your call already in progress but not over the speaker

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

You need to configure something for the receptionists to do a Whisper Page then, which is better than the speakerphone anyway.

Alternatively if they are using the SoftConsole application they can use the 'Send Message' function to put a message on the display (will light the message lamp, give a short ring and show the text on the display).

Or just transfer the call with a call tag. Again the target will get a short ring, see the appearance button light and if they scroll their display see the text from you saying whatever you put in the call tag.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back