Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging to ip phones and call quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickofphones

Technical User
Jun 15, 2004
GB
I have a customer with an ip 403 on 2.1 27 that is having problems with call quality and paging to ip phones.

Sometimes when they do a page to the phones it does not always come out of the ip phones. we have tried reduicng the number of phones in the group but this does not make any difference. any ideas??

Also they are experiencing problems with call quality in that sometimes the call breaks up. They have 15 ip phones which are in another building and are linked over a 1gb fibre link. their it guys have been out and upgraded the switches and they say its not a bandwidth problem. any ideas?

First I would upgrade to latest 2.1 release

upgrading is not practical as they have vm pro, ccc and phone manager for every user (50 of)

You don't need to upgrade phone manager, and upgrading VMP can take up to 15 minutes - Backup the call flow, backup the sound files, remove, intall a new version, restore the sound files, restore the call flow, save and make live.

It is mainly the fact that the customer will not let me take the system down that upgrading is impractical. they have a box office which is constantly taking calls all day wich go throuth the vm pro so for this reason they wont let the system go down for even 10 mins

Does the box office never close? One of the advangages of IP Office is that you can perform an upgrade via remote (especially easy if you have a non-IP Office path to VM server via seperate internet access). With this you can perform upgrade during off-hours while wearing your favorite bunny slippers.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back