Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

paging to a huntgroup w/ busy signal in AVAYA IP office 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

markacuss

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2023
US
thread940-1496041

i came across this thread as i was having an issue of not being able to page to a huntgroup using shortcodes. i believe this user may have been experiencing the same issue.

here's what i found. if you create a huntgroup with all users and point your shortcode for dial paging to this group it is important to know that you will get a busy signal everytime you try to page this group using shortcodes (*06 in my environment) if the huntgroup has been populated with users and the "enabled" box has not been checked for any users in the group this will always result in a busy signal. furthermore, it is important to note that only "enabled" users will receive the page when paged using this short code. hope this helps!

hello markacuss
the checkmark means in or out of the group without deleting the user and it is normal that you can't page or call a group if there is nobody in the group that can actually receive the page/call.

Either one, thanks for writing this as it will help maybe some more inexperienced programmers but this is really IP Office 101.

Let me welcome you by giving you your first pink star.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

thanks, westi. i'm fully self-taught in this environment and application so more specific explanations and easy to follow tips are wildly helpful for me. i was able to follow the thread linked to my first post and accomplish what i set out to accomplish but ran into the same issue as the previous poster as i did not enable any users in my new huntgroup in hopes that if the group was dialed directly it would not route the call to any users. as this cannot be done i instead clicked the box to exclude this call group from directories. Thanks!

If you are self taught then I can only suggest 1 thing and that is the help button whenever you are in a specific programming option. The help file will open and "mostly" show all relevant information for that particular spot in the system.

The help file used to be even better but has been neglected over the years and the knowledge-base has (again mostly) the full information

Some information is found nowhere which is infuriating when you try and find out something that you want to make work and the only way to do it is actually test it on a system with phones and lines ...

Have fun with the system and feel free to ask for help rather than ripping your hair out and smashing things.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

haha, yeah no hair ripping or smashing for this although i get the impulse :) what i have done is turn my own desk phone into a sort of guinea pig and the IT call group into a guinea pig hunt group. it works great for my needs and my fellow IT colleagues are only slightly annoyed with the testing i've been doing.

"Take chances, make mistakes, and get messy" - ms frizzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back