Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging System 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dblcrona

MIS
Jan 3, 2002
US
To start off, I am new to Tek-Tips so if this is the wrong forum for this post please forgive me. I have just taken on the resplnsibility of administration of my companies phone system. This is all new to me so I'm still learning. Our PA system is in need of some serious rewiring. We have a Clarity SWM-100 amplifier for our paging system. We also have three Clarity SGN Tone Generators. One for our Fire alarm, one for our door bell, and one for our phone night bell. The strange thing is these tone generators are connected to the system on the OUTPUT side of the amp using relay switches. For example, when the doorbell is pushed it provides power to the relay switch and that makes the connection so the tone generator is heard through the plant. Now I'm no expert but I would think that these tone generators ought to be on the INPUT side of the amp with something a little more reliable than a cheap Radio Shack relay to activate them. Our plan is to rewire our entire paging system from the amp out because as our company has grown, more and more speakers have been added. The amp is more than powerful enough to drive the speakers but the wiring is a little on the thin side for the size of our system. This is why I want to get these devices on the Input side of the amp. We also have a feedback eliminator on our system that records pages and then plays them back 5 seconds later to avoid feedback when we page. This should also be on the input side, correct? Any help or tips are appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken

I would start here: and follow the links for the installation manual in PDF format. You can also go to the search page at clarity-com.com and look for your tone generators and do the same.

In looking at the info on their web site, it looks as if there are already a couple of tone generators internal to the amplifier.

You can also find some helpful information (some general installation tips) at
Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back