Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging System

Status
Not open for further replies.

engenius

Technical User
Sep 30, 2002
CA
Recently moved a customer from a Nortel MICS to an Emetrotel UCX.
They have a Dukane paging system that requires a trunk port for paging.
How can I make this work with the UCX ?

Owner
Sideline Telephone Service Inc.
Canadian - Reseller

You can use an analog trunk port (FXO) on an internal FXO card that you install in the UCx system or you can use an FXO gateway (e.g., Grandstream GXW4104).

Hi UCXGUY

Can u explain the settings ?

Owner
Sideline Telephone Service Inc.
Canadian - Reseller

All settings are identical to what you would use when adding an analog trunk. The only difference is that in this case the analog trunk happens to be the paging device.

DuKane? That's an oldie but goodie, the very first PA system I spoke doing the morning announcements on as a kid in first grade, was a Northern Telecom White and Tan Logic analog telephone connected and branded to a DuKane digital intercom system in 1982 at Dayton Elementary School in Dayton Indiana. I'll never forget how nicely my voice echoed through the schools speakers, and the loud DTMF tone that preceded each page.

The in high school my school had a 1979 DuKane analog system with just a microphone and a few Northern logic sets with 1 button connected to the PA system. I suggesed to our principal that we attach our Isotec EZ phone systems external page port to the microphone auxiliary input on the large DuKane console in the main office and it worked! The Isotec key systems paging sounded extremely crystal clear through the DuKane system.

UCxguy is correct, you'll just simply connect the DuKane via an analog trunk port. Curious though, what type of input or output does the DuKane system have for external devices?

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back