Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging system tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

dblcrona

MIS
Jan 3, 2002
US
I recently had a local company rewire my office and shop paging system. I am very pleased with the way they did it but my one system tone sounds awful. I have three Clarity tone generators on my system. One is used to sound a chime for our phone systems night ringer. (We have a Lucent Definity system). I have had them and another company look at it to see what the problem is. Neither of them can tell me what is wrong. The best one of them has done is to say that they think it is the relay switch and offer to replace it with no guarantee or assurance that it will fix the problem. Can anyone tell me where i can get some good information on how this tone generator should be hooked up? Also, if anyone knows of a good paging system company in PA who could do this work, please let me know.

Thanks,
Ken Johnson
ITT Industries, Engineered Valves

Ken, go to the following:Clarity is the 70v product made by Valcom. Get the mfg # of the tone generator and contact them, they have good support.
DueE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back