Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging Speaker Feedback???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2002
US
Help, this may not be the right forum to ask in, but maybe I can be pointed in the right direction.

I have some phones that are getting "hellish" feed back on the paging system. Other's seem to be entirely fine. The said phones all start "warbling" after they begin to speak. Not all phones under a speaker are doing this.

Any Ideas? (I'm hoping for the "golden answer" :)

thanks,

When you create your page group, you need to carefully select the location of the phones. In many cases, you don't want to select all phones just because you have available positions in your group-page form. Another solution is to setup loud-speaker paging using a feedback eliminator such as the Valcom "digital feedback eliminator". It will basically record the page, wait a couple of seconds, and then play it over the loud speakers.

Are the speakers above the phone that is using the system? If so does the speaker have a volume control? If it does lower the volume.

Hope this helps
Ed

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back