Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging sets and zones on a MICS with a Valcom 2006A

Status
Not open for further replies.

datajockey123

Technical User
Aug 23, 2007
CA
Afternoon everyone
I have a client that has a MICS with a Valcom 2006A Paging unit with 4 zones.
In the Sales department they can page using the horns by doing the "F60 (General Page) spkr, all" and the page is heard. However when they try to have a single button programmed to do the same operation but with sets and speakers, i.e. "F631" the only item that works is the sets, the speakers do not have the page on them.
The same happens in the body shop, we can program a button to do both sets and speakers; "F633" but the speakers wont work. If we program "F60, spkr, zone3" then the speakers work.
The system was upgraded about two years ago to 7.1 software and the programming was altered at that time. Have I forgotten to included something?
Any ideas and suggestion on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Best Regards
Datajockey123

Because its a zone page module it is waiting for you to enter a zone number after the page port is activate.
In Norstar/BCM the zone numbers with page feature codes refers to sets only so for any 3rd party zone entries they must be press after the feature code/button is pressed/activated.

F633 would be - 6 for page 3 for sets and speaker port and 3 is for zone 3 of sets.

So you need to enter yet another 3 for overhead zone 3 - F633 the press zone 3

If you did not have a zone module (page all speakers) then it would be Feature 633 because the zone module it just waiting for a page signal and not a zone entry.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back