Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noahadec

Technical User
May 12, 2022
US
I am in charge of taking the older nortel system and migrating us to the cisco CUCM system.
We are going slowly so we have both systems in place currently.
Note : Our main guy who has been here for years retired recently and i was put in charge of the CS1000 system.
I can do basic things in it, but the paging portion was one thing that we never fully went over or covered.
I'm pretty positive i know what TN it is, but i haven't the slightest idea on how it functions and how to program it.

What we're needing and from what i recall the old phone guy saying, is we can set it up so anyone can dial an extension from any phone and page overhead.

Our safety coordinator just came to talk to me about this and i'm not sure what exactly to say to him and how this can function? We have a VERY/ large campus and need to coordinate during all hours incase there are security or first aid issues that are in need of responding to.

What i need to know and if it's possible.
Is it possible to setup an extension to the TN that someone can use to page?
we had at one point had it setup to call in after hours if you knew the numbers to press, someone from the outside world could page as well.

Thanks guys, and i did search but i'm not coming up with much useful information unfortunately.

i did some digging and found
TN 12 0 2 1
ROUT 20
ACOD 77
TARG 01 02 03 06 07 09

So any phone with a TGAR that does not match the TARG on the route can dial 77 to page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back