Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging Problem... Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgrignon

MIS
Feb 18, 2005
US
We are installing CCM 6.1 and our warehouse currently has a Melco KA390 paging module.

I tried to configure an ATA186 and ran a cable from the ATA to the Tip and Ring poles on the KA390.

If I connected it as a straight through, I would hear dial tone broadcast over the PA once I plugged in the rg11 to the ATA.

If I reversed it, it would not broadcast until I dialed the extension, however, it sounded like machine gun fire.

Does anyone have any suggestions or could you recommend a paging module that will work with a ATA186?

Thanks

It sounds to me that you need a FXO port installed to your paging... Im guessing that your connection is set for a voice path not DT... If you put a test set on the Tip and Ring in of the paging system can you page over the speakers?

[americanflag] SPC NVARNG
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

Use the Valcomm 9970 paging adaptor with the ATA186. The Valcomm 9970 must be connected to self amplifered speakers and takes a regular RJ 11 cable from the ATA.
To page just call the extension of the ATA 186 wait for the tone and speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back