Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging over music? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deales

Technical User
Oct 3, 2002
US
Can someone tell me is there a product out there that plays music over loudspeakers and lets the partner ACS interupt on pages. We have existing speakers daisy chained to the page port on the system. Thanks for any help.

You need a paging amp with background music input and a contact closure input to shut off music when a page is initiated. The Partner page port provides a contact closure on pins 3 & 6, so if you used an AT&T paging amp you would simply run a 4-conductor cord from the Partner page port to the input of the amplifier.

Sounds like you have self-amplified speakers so you would need to swap these out for either 70V or voice coil speakers when using a paging amplifier. Brian Cox
J & J Communications
brian@jandjcommunications.com

If you find this post helpful please mark it as such.

If these are indeed self amplified speakers, check out the Valcom paging adapters.

franke

You need a paging adapter so you have something "smart" to take care of the music.

here are a few choices.

You could use a pagepal. -
or a Valcom unit V200A- (pretty cool: has a built in power supply for self amplified speakers

or a bogen TAMB -
Viking makes a paging adapter too but it does not say it specificly works with a paging port. Their tech support may be able to let you know if ir will work.

Don

There is a TAMB on ebay now

If you are electronicly inclined, I use a relay, a small AC/DC adapter, and the Black/Yellow pair from the page port to control the relay and switch the music input to the page input. You can even set it up so some speakers get music while not paging, and others only get paging. If you need a schematic, let me know,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back