Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging my pager using Arial Octel VM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2002
US
Sup people,

I have a blackberry and I cannot get the pauses correctly so that I can set it up if I get a voicemail for it to page me on my blackberry. Anyone ever set up a dialing sequence for a blackberry which the carrier is cingular. Need help badly on this. How do you set pause anyways. I mean what are you suppose to listen to for pause. Is it the quietness or something.
Well anyways I dont have the number to dial in front of me but when I call the 800 number to the pager it will tell me to enter an access code follow by the pound key. Now I have the access code setup in the Arial but the pauses are not correct. After punching in the accesscode follow by pound it will say press 1 if you want to send a numeric number and then I will have to press 1 then the number to dial our system for it to page the pager. I know confusing but I am new to pauses and shit so please bare with me.

The reason you put in a pause or more then one pause is to slow down how fast the system sends the digits. If you send them in one long string the system you called might not be ready for all the digits at once. Here are some that might help they from a G-3
12: abr-spchar Char: ~p
13: abr-spchar Char: ~s
14: abr-spchar Char: ~m
15: abr-spchar Char: ~w Wisdom is Knowledge
that is Shared

Thanks All Phoneman2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back