Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging issue and wondering if I am in the correct forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripoth

Technical User
Jun 10, 2002
US
Have had an UTI312 and everything working fine, but a feedback eliminator was needed.
Added a FBI-1A.
Paging port is coming off a Cisco as a trunk port.

Worked fine at first, except for certain people not knowing how to hang up their phone.

Then odd things began to happen.....
The 7th paging zone stopped working after a programming change(to cut down on the paging time to help with the people who don't know how to hang up a phone)and I looked closer at everything.

There are 3 ZX3 modules. Before the feedback eliminator was installed the green activation light would only come on when someone paged that zone. Did not notice at first when installed the feedback eliminator(didn't really look because it worked)if this was the case, but now the green activation lights on the UTI are lit up all the time.

I replaced the 3rd ZX3 module. None of the lights on the UTI lit up, but I couldn't make a page. None of the zones worked. Then I made an all page, all the activation lights lit up and I was able to page again.
Told the client I would research because something wasn't right and left.

Client made another programming change on the UTI and the 3rd ZX3 went out again.
I had the client bypass the eliminator and all is working fine, except for the feedback on some phones.
What am I missing here and can someone help out?
Attaching pictures for setting reference.

Also, is there a device that can be added to disconnect a page when someone does not hang up their phone?

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=3668bc25-3211-4d4b-ad25-f373043b4aee&file=FBI.jpg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back