Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging from Intuity

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxer

Programmer
Feb 20, 2004
US
Hello:

I have a two part Intuity paging question:

(1) I am trying to page from an Intuity ver 4.4-5 to a AT&T pager but it is not working. It does work to my cell phone. When I am entering the number in Audix for my pager do I need to put "pauses" in the dialing string?

(2) I would like to use 1 pager to receive voice message notifications from various mail boxes. However, I need a way to determine from what mail box I am receiving the notification from. Is there a way to display the voice mail box # on the display of my pager or cell phone?

Thank you

Yes, u usually need to put pauses, refer to the manual 4 Intuity for outcalling at support.avaya.com
U usually have to experiment to get things to work.
If your pager or cell phone has the capability it might be possible to see which mailbox the call is coming from. If u pick it up on your cell phone the Intuity will tell what mailbox it is coming from.

There is a screen in Intuity, and I can't think for the life of me of where it is, but it is buried in there a good bit under the SA login, wherein you can watch what all of the ports are doing in real time. This will allow you to see exactly what the outcalling string you entered is doing. You will see it go off hook and then outpulse the digit string that you entered. HINT-This will also allow you to check on a user that keeps telling you that they can't get into their voicemail, and point you right to what they are doing wrong. You will see other activity on the other ports also as people are dialing in, so depending on the number of ports that you have, you may have to flop between two different screens using page fwd/page back in order to find the port that is doing the outcalling. Usually the last couple ports are configured for this.

As for the identification on the pager, when you set up the dial string in outcalling it will look something like this...917245221234(for the dialed number of the pager)then pause, pause, pause,(waiting for the pager number to ring and then return tones telling you to enter the number to call back) and at that point you would enter the mailbox number that is sending the page...for instance extension 4844 would be setup in outcalling to call pager number 917245221234pause, pause, pause, 4844##. I believe that two pound signs equal an outpulsed pound...it's been a while, but that at least gives you something to go on. I will continue to look for the link to the documentation.

Surplus is correct. The page he is referring to is located at "Intuity Main Menu" > "Voice System Admin." > "System Monitor". You may watch the coding of the outcalling function. The first thing that you MUST do is call your pager and count the seconds that it takes from the time you press the last digit until the paging service is ready for its input prompt. It could be 2 to 6 seconds, which could require up to 5 # signs for the delay. Unfortunately, some pager services may vary depending on the time of day and their usage. A little experimenting will result in your success. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back