Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging F60

Status
Not open for further replies.

telcodog

Technical User
Jan 1, 2007
CA
Using F60 will page the paging group defined as the Default Paging Group. Have a system where this was working yesterday but today when they do F60, they get a message on the screen saying "401 busy" (401 being configured as the default group). The group is configured to skip busy extensions as well.

Any ideas what might be causing that busy condition or how to release whatever is holding it up.

Hi Telcodog
Check the operator panel under pbx to see if there are any extensions in the 401 group that are busy.
I had this happen before - it turned out to be a phone in my page group that was not hung up.

Owner
Sideline Telephone Service Inc.
Canadian - Reseller

Yes, we checked earlier and found that one of the sets used the paging and hung up but the set had a defective hook switch and never did hang up so it tied up the paging group. Once we disconnected it, other users were able to use F60 to page and it works just like it's supposed to. The group is set to skip busy sets so we tested that too and it all works perfectly.

Retail environment where they are really rough on the hardware!

Hi Telcodog
Sounds just like my customer.
What I don't understand, if the feature 60 is supposed to skip busy sets - why did it not skip the off hook set ?

Owner
Canadian - Reseller

It sounds like the phone that was used to made the page call (using F60) was left in the off-hook state. A maximum call duration applied to page calls would solve this problem...

Hi ucxguy
Is there a time out setting available for the paging ?

Owner
Canadian - Reseller

I don't believe so - but I think it would make sense. A fixed value would be good - a configurable value would be better. [smile]

Lets put that on the Emetrotel wish list !!!

Owner
Canadian - Reseller

Ok, so we have heard you guys.

we have implemented a timer when using the paging (F6x). It is currently set at 120 seconds. But it can be adjusted lower is needed. Watch for an update to the paging information on our wiki (wiki.emetrotel.org) for details on adjusting this timer.

look at the globals_custom.conf file -> PAGE_MAX_DURATION=xx, where xx = the number of seconds to timeout

Thanks Emetrotel Support !!!
I guess the squeeky wheels get the grease !!!
You guys are awesome.
Thanks for the excellent support.
UCX ROCKS!!!

Owner
Canadian - Reseller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back