Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging Across DCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke4qfp

Technical User
May 14, 2004
US
Does anyone know how to set up paging across DCS? I think you might be able to UDP a FAC but I'm unsure how to do it or even if this is how you would do it. I have 2 buildings connected with DCS and they would like to be able to page into each others building. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

If you have a tie trunk you can call a FAC. It's as simple as using the TAC plus the FAC. However the best solution is to take a vdn in the switch with the paging and have it dial the FAC. So you can tweak issues like adding pauses using wait time.

For example

Switch 1 w/Paging

VDN x2303 (x2300 - x2399 is in the UDP table)
Vector 3
wait time 2 sec
route to *2

Assuming *2 is the paging number.

Or you can use an analog station with a hotline destination. (It has to be an extension in the UDP dialplan.)

HTH
-Tish

I am using this same set up with the VDN dialing the FAC

but now I have another request I am trying to do simultaneous paging at 2 buildings with 2 seperate pagign systems. each building has zone paging however I only want to use one zone at each building. any ideas?

José

Please let me know if this was helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back