Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paging a Group-Page and PA System simultaneously

Status
Not open for further replies.

J2XS

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2015
US
I am trying to come up with a solution so that one number can be called to broadcast emergency notifications through the PA and all speakerphones in the building.
I want to be able to dial a number and broadcast to both systems simultaneously.
Any help or direction would be appreciated.

If you have digital/h323 phones you can page them via a group extension, or you can have external systems to control paging but not both from within CM.

I have heard of people taking the speakerphone audio out from a broken/"fixed up" 64xx or 24xx and connecting them to speaker paging systems to accomplish this, but it is definitely not a manufacturer supported method.

I highly recommend against using speaker phone page/group page for any sort of life safety/emergency broadcasting. They simply are not reliable enough or stable enough to be used for emergencies that involve the safety of other people. Please keep this in mind and push for the appropriate solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back