Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pageserver timing out

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelajhia

Programmer
May 19, 1999
US
I have changed the command line in the pageserver properties so it contains the phrase -MaxDBResultRecords 0
so that some of my longer running reports work better, but some are still bombing with the following error:

CrystalReportViewer
Timeout waiting for Crystal PageServer to respond

Is there an additional setting that I can affect so this does not occur?
This report runs if I select 1 wk of data, but not 2 wks.

This is a different issue than what your command line switch would hacve addressed.

In this case, it looks like the report is just taking too long to bring back incomplete page 1.

I have seen this with reports running of stored procs, views ot tables that take longer than 5 minutes to return data.

You could have a look at this KBase --

or at the FAQ I published in this forum (see Performance)

Cheers,

SurfingGecko
Home of Crystal Ease

Well, I have given that a try, but it does not seem to help. I am still getting the same message at exactly 5 minutes out.

I changed these both to 100000 and then to 10,000,000 just to give that a try. What are these any way? parts of a second?
Should I just keep bumping it up - is there a max I should not go over? I am restarting after every change.

I am on CE9, but the paths were virtually the same, so I gave it a try even though the documentation only covers 8 and 8.5.

Thanks for your help so far.

I have finally found a document which outlined what to do about this problem, Article ID c2013486, on crystaldecisions.com.

Edit the registry and go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE> SOFTWARE> CRYSTAL DECISIONS> 9.0> SDK

Change 'pageservertimeout' to something greater than the default of 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back