Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pages flipping 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhaydon

Technical User
Nov 5, 2002
US
Could someone please inform me on how to make a page flipping effect like on . I would like to have the pages flip when I click on a button on a menu instead of manually turning the pages, but wouldn't mind learning how to do both. I would like for it to flip through all the pages when turning to a specific page, if you guys know what I mean. Thank you guys for all your help and hope to hear from you soon.

Does not look like they are really TURNING per say, but rather that there are different frames with the page turning in a different visual state, if that makes sense?? like frame 1 is the book open to a page, frame 3 is a still picture of the page 1/3 turned, frame 5 is a still picture of the page 2/3 turned, then frame 7 is the page turning completed- then like the old flip books, when run it loks like it is turning

Well, being a newbie I really don't know how to create that effect. I understand what you are saying, although I am not quite sure how to make that effect happen with the 3rd frame being 1/3 page turned and what not. If you could direct me to a tutorial on the basic concepts of what is going on that would be much appreciated. Thanks for your reply

I think TheConeHead is saying that it's simply a small animation that has 3 positions of the 'paper'. There's really no ActionScripting or anything behind it... just frame-based animation by the looks of it.

If that still doesn't help you then I'd recommend you Google for some beginner Flash tutorials. That should get you rolling.

Ok, sounds good. Thanks for your help

How about this one:

Download the source .fla here:

Regards,

oldman3.gif

Jeez, more than I asked for but thank you very much. This should help me create what I needed perfectly.

I would appreciate a Flash 5 fla for page flipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back