Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pages based on template not updating

Status
Not open for further replies.

JodieK

Instructor
Jul 27, 2001
GB
Hello

I have lots of pages in my site which are based on one template. The template was accidentally removed and then replaced immediately in the exact same location, but now the pages which are based on it are not updating and some have completely lost the template information.

Is there anyway I can update the pages to re-recognise the template?

Help much appreciated, thank you

Jodie

On each page that is not recognizing the template, go through the menus to Modify -> Templates -> Attach Template To Page. Then select your template from the list, and hit OK. You may have to clean up some of the code after this trick, but you will get the desired results. I don't know of an easier way. Anyone else? Good luck :)

--Ryan

you could do a find and replace on the bit of template code

<!-- #BeginTemplate &quot;/Templates/yourtemplate.dwt&quot; --> [Peace][Pipe]
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

This happened to me and I found that because I had been toggling between building different sites, I had to go to &quot;Site > Define Sites&quot; before beginning in order for the template to update correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back