Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pager notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbwr

Technical User
Jan 8, 2000
US
home.nc.rr.com
Now that we have the voicemail working correctly thanks to CO disconnect, I have another small issue.

We use pager notification that pages us when someone leaves a message. The Norstar voicemail outdials to our pagers and sends us our extension number when we have a message. Works fine.

Each time it does this. it also leaves us a voicemail saying it could not reach the number we had set for pager notification. I am guessing it isn't detecting that it got an answer.

Ideas?`Àr
Rik

Rik Rasmussen
hrasmussen@nc.rr.com
Communications Maintenance Adminstrator

City of Durham, NC

Off hand I would say that you may need to add a pause or two in the dialing string. I ran into this before, however
its been awhile. Let me know if that helps if not I will check into it further. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

My recollection is that you need the pause to allow for the paging terminal to answer to insure the number to be displayed is not sent prematurely. Since the number does get sent to our pager correctly, I am assuming the pause between dialing the terminal and spitting out the number to dispaly is set ok.

Rik Rasmussen
hrasmussen@nc.rr.com

City of Durham, NC

Dumb question, however it needs to be asked.
When you setup the destination type did you set it up for
a pager?

Have you thought of using the outbound transfer feature. What this does is the caller while listening to your greeting can press ( 7 ) and transfer out to your pager.

I will check it to this some more.

Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

I am at a disadvantage becuse I have to work through the city's contracted "phone guy" to get these things done and he would rather argue than fix. : )

Rik Rasmussen
hrasmussen@nc.rr.com

City of Durham, NC

Im sorry to hear that, sounds like you need a new tech.
Have him verify the pager setup I bet the problem is there. Jeter@LasVegas.com
J.Fisher CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back