Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pager Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrc1

IS-IT--Management
Apr 17, 2001
US
I created an alert for sev 014 errors and assigned and operator response to it. The operator is set-up for email, pager and net send notification under the alert. In the operator set-up I provided an email address, pager e-mail name and net send address. I used the test button to test the configuration and all three work properly.

The problem I have is when the event is fired, I get a net send and email message but no pager notification. The pager e-mail name I used is 804xxxxxxx@mobilecomm.net (where xxxxxxx is the phone number). There are no error messages in any of the logs. Why is the pager notification not working when the alert is fired but works with the test button? Any ideas?

can you send the page manually be running the script? if not then it may a config problem sending the email to the correct pager address

Bastien

Any one have a techie job in Toronto, I need to work...being laid off sucks!

Does your server connect thru your PBX??? May need to add the 9 to get an outside line and maybe even a 1 before the 804xxxxxxx. Just an Idea!

Thanks

J. Kusch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back