Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PagePac controller issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrtnastrx

Technical User
Oct 31, 2002
US
We've had a PP Amplicenter and Zone Controller for MANY MANY years and just yesterday a strange issue occurred. The PP is connected to our PBX via a CO trunk on the PBX, controller connection is set to Loop Start. Everything had been working fine but yesterday after competing a page the line no longer disconnects, the PP holds the page open, the PBX shows the line clear. I changed the CO port, the jumper wire, the feed cable, but no change. I found that if I remove the ground wire from the 70V paging speakers and send a page the line disconnects properly, once I hook the ground back in the line won't disconnect. Sadly removing the ground wire causes a ground hum over the speakers during paging so I can't leave it that way. Anyone have any suggestions to try or should I be looking at replacing the equipment?

APSS - ACIS - ACSS

Is this happening on all Zones? If there is just one zone are you using the one-zone code or all zone code to page? Your Zone controller is suspect #1.

At first it was happening on all zones EXCEPT the "all call" zone. But after trying to fix it I was able to break it to the point where it is happening on all zones including "all call".

APSS - ACIS - ACSS

It's in Los Angeles. We've decided the PagePac has served it's duty and started looking at a Viking ZPI-4 or a Bogen PCMSYS3 with a separate amplifier for each. Anyone have a preference?

APSS - ACIS - ACSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back