Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PageMill unable to recognize images

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicej

MIS
Feb 25, 2002
US
This is a plea for help from England. I am not a computer programmer but I hope someone will be able to help me with a peculiar problem which is now blighting my PageMill --- and my life <grin>

I have recently started using PageMill armed with a step by step guide book. I managed to put a background image on a page, but then decided I wanted to change it and deleted the image.

From that moment on I have been unable to make PageMill recognize any images -- not the original JPEG scanned images nor EasyPhoto software images nor Adobe PhotoDeluxe (my preferred package) images.

I go into the Inspector panel, click on the appropriate icon, select the photo file I want, click on insert and -- nothing happens. This is driving me round the bend, especially as I was previously succesful.

Nor can I now insert images of any kind. I have a Mac
G3 Laptop.

Can anyone, anyone, please, please help me?!!!!

Alice

Alice: Why don't you try deleting the PageMill Preference file (under Preferences in the System Folder). If that doesn't help, try re-installing the entire program from the original CD.

Its been a while since I used PM but I remember that there are some common problems suggested by the relpy above. PM creates a resource folder for storage of images but common practice is to have an images folder alongside your index.html. Try creating an images folder and placing your jpegs and gifs (you shouldn't really use any other format)in this folder before you assemble your page. If you drag or insert images from any other place they are in danger of getting lost by PM. When I use PM I ONLY insert images that I have previously placed in the images folder, you will find that PM remembers where they are if you do it this way.

Hope this helps

Lole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back