Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pagemaker Table 3.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojoshee

Technical User
May 17, 2006
US
When I export the table to EPS with fonts, the program quits.

When I try to import the EPS file into InDesign, I get and undefined error:

"Undefined error occurred creating the screen display for the imported EPS. The EPS will draw as a grey box. The actual EPS may not print and wil not export as PDF. do you still want to place this file?"

The file does place as a grey box and prints as a grey box.

When I place the file in Pagemaker, a box places, but it's white.

Any help out there would be appreciated. I just bought Pagemaker to work on a job, and I'm extremely disappointed.

Thanks,

Joan

You don't say which version of PM you have, but if your previous posting is anything to go by, you're using PM6.5x PM6.5x very old, and not supported by Adobe on WinXP. Adobe's Support Policy for PageMaker 6.5 and 7.x in Windows XP
If you're using Win98 or Win2K, you should be OK.

Make sure you have TE3.04 (Click Help -> About in TE to see which version you have.)
The update is available from: Note the date of it - 24th April '97. It's very old.

Having said all that, TE should export your table as an EPS without problem, and create a preview.

I've tried to recreate your problem, but sadly I can't.
I used Arial (OpenType) and Helvetica and TNR PS (both T1 fonts), and exported as EPS with fonts. It placed in PM without a problem.

See picture:

EPSinPM6.5.gif

You could try a custom install of PM6.5 to re-install just table editor. The bottom line is it's old software.

And finally, if you have InDesign, either create the table in InDesign or create one in Word or Excel and import that. InDesign handles tables very well, and is a current and more competent application than PM.

LIVERPOOL FC - FA Cup Winners 2006.
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

John,

I actually bought PM 7.0. I figured it the best way to get the job done. I'll try what you suggest, only if you think the same thing will work in this version.

At the moment, I am able to save the files out as EMF. They place and print okay, and even make a PDF. I only hope the lino they will be output on will rip them okay.

I really appreciate you answering my questions.

Joan

>>At the moment, I am able to save the files out as EMF. <<

Not a good move.

Hi, Lyn,

You beat me too it. Metafiles and Postscript don't mix, so creating a PDF is a lottery. Chances are the PDF will not be correct in some way. Displacement is common, as is an incomplete image in the PDF.

Click here for the Adobe Knowledgebase article about the Limitations of Metafiles.

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

>>You beat me too it. <<

Not often I manage this, John.

Good to hear from you.

All the PM support forums are getting less active these days as PM slowly dies…

But the World Cup approaches, and my team aren't there again. [sad] I hope Harry Kewell makes it for the SoccerRoos. I was at the FA Cup Final when he got injured.

But as my Dad married a foreigner, I suppose I can support England. Well, until half time!

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

We had some terribly important soccer match here in Melbourne on Thusday night - between Greece and Australia (Harry Kewell was injured so couldn't play). Australia won 1-0 in front of a crowd of 95,000 and apparently this means we qualify to play someone in the World Cup over in Germany some time soon. (Obvious how little I know about soccer isn't it?)

Sort of. Australia qualified for the World Cup some time ago after a play against some South American team. They now are in a group with Brasil, Croatia and Japan. I reckon Brasil and Australia will progress.

There's so many top Aussie players playing here in England that they're probably the British fans' second team!
Vukuda, Schwarzer, Kewell, Cahill, Emerton, Skoko…
More on the BBC: click here.

Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back