Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pagemaker shutting down after Save

Status
Not open for further replies.

amandian

Technical User
Dec 20, 2004
JP
I have been using Pagemaker 6.5 for the past 5 years on Win 98 system, with no problems. I recently bought a new computer running XP. I installed PM6.5 again but have had sporadic problems with the program shutting down when I press Save. When I open the document again it hasn't saved (frustrating!)This happens maybe one time in every 10, the other 9 times it saves fine.

I am also running Norton Internet Security - not sure if that's telling the program to do something....

Hoping for some help!!

Thanks, Amanda

Hi, Amanda,

PM6.5 on WinXP is not supported by Adobe.
See: Support Policy for PageMaker 6.5 and 7.x in Windows XP

This is not to say that PM6.5 won't run on WinXP: only that Adobe are not going to help you as it an old app from 1997 running on a new 2004 OS for which PM6.5 was not designed.

If your are determined to get PM6.5 to run on WinXP, then WinXP has to be a new install onto a freshly formatted disk. "Ready to run" WinXP PCs generally have the OS system cloned from a master: they are generic, not specific to each machine, and therefore less than the 100% prefect required by demanding Adobe Applications.
See: Windows XP Install Notes

Your other options are:

Upgrade to PM7:
Click here for details of upgrading to PageMaker 7.0.1.

Move on to InDesign:
Click here to find out more about the Adobe® InDesign® CS PageMaker® Edition.
Click here to download Adobe® InDesign® CS 30 day Tryout (93Mb).

Iechtd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back