Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pagemaker prints different font then when saved

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve209

Instructor
Oct 29, 2006
US
I have a 75 page pagemaker document in comicsans font. It shows this font properly when viewed in pagemaker but when it prints, half of one page prints in Times or a different font. I checkded in the file and it should be printing in comicsans but doesn't always. Most times not, but occasionally yes. It seems when I print just a couple of specific pages, comicsans prints fine but when I print the whole publication, it prints this one half page in another font. Any ideas??

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm assuming you're not using PM6.5 and WinXP…

1. Check you have the correct "Compose to" printer in File -> Document Setup.

2. Re-install the problematic font.

3. Check all your Styles.

4. If a particular paragraph or text block seems particularly problematic, select all the text and "cut'n'paste" it all into Notepad. This will still off all the formatting. Re-select all the text in Notepad and paste it all back into PM. Re-apply the Style. Save the publication.

5. If you're creating a PDF or using a PS printer, see this FAQ on AdobeForums:
5.1 - Fonts changing to Courier in PM7

LIVERPOOL FC - FA Cup Winners 2006.
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back