Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PageMaker Installation Error -132 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyye

Technical User
Sep 24, 2009
US
Hi!

I'm Skyye. I got a copy of PageMaker for work, and I'm having some problems installing it.

After I put in the serial number and get past the set up and it's just about to install, the program says there is a ComponentMoveData error. It's blank under Media name, Component, File Group, and File.

Lastly it says Error Number: -132 (refer to online help)

After I click okay, it says an error occured during the data move process: -104

I can't find anything about this, tried everything I could think of, which, I do have to admit isn't alot, and I don't know else what to do. Anybody think they can help me out?

Thanks a million.

-Skyye

Mac or Windows, and which version of the OS?
Which version of PM?

Can you quote the exact error message?
See this page Adobe's KB.
However, remember PM is ancient and all but dead.
See the page in Adobe's KB:
For best results, your version of PM needs to be installed on a contemporary OS, i.e. for Windows, PM6.5 on Win98/Win2K, PM7 on Win2K/early versions of WinXP, and similarly for the the Mac. Anything else, and all bets are off.

If you need to open old P65 or PMD files, download and install a trial of InDesign, which open and convert them. The conversion is less than perfect, and you will need to have any fonts and images relating to the original PM files handy.

Liverpool: Capital of Culture 2008
Anfield: Capital of Football since 1892
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Hi,

Thanks so much for responding. I am using Microsoft XP Professional, Version 5.1, and I have PageMaker 7.0.

When I try to install it, this is what it says:

----------

ComponentMoveData Error Information

ComponentMoveData had the following error:

Media Name:
Component:
File Group:
File:
Error Number: -132 (refer to the online help)

OK

----------

And then after I click OK:

----------

Abode PageMaker 7.0 Setup

An error occured during the move data process: -104

OK

---------

And then after I click OK, it exits out of the setup.

I followed all the possible solutions on the page you provided, thank you for that btw, the trying to install it from my hard drive, deleting the temporary files, and disabling virus protection software and doing in safe mode, but to no avail.

When I tried to install it from my hard drive though, I copied the whole cd on to my hard drive and the same thing happened as before, those pop up boxes, but then I deleted all of that and I only copied the setup on my hard drive and then added the files it needed as they were requested, so I added Setup, _setup.dll and then layout.bin, and then I got a pop up screen that said:

----------

Setup Initialization Error

Setup requires a different version of Windows. Check to make sure that you are running Setup on the Windows platform for which it is intended.

Error 102.

OK

----------

I don't understand why I would be getting this. I thought I could run PageMaker 7.0 on Windows XP, isn't that the case?

Thank you so much for you help SlimJohnD, I really appreciate it.

SlimJohnD, thank you so much for helping me out. I definitly would have not ever figured out that the program and operating system are not compatible together on my own, or that my operating system is a later one.

I guess it's time for us to upgrade. Thanks again, I really appreciate your help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back