Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PageMaker Fonts (I'm User-Not Programmer) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

schikore

Technical User
Jan 29, 2002
US
I have used Microsoft Word and Microsoft Programmer for a long time, and I know what their fonts look like. However, PageMaker offers HUNDREDS of fonts and I am not familiar with a lot of them. Is there any way to print out a list, or view what a font looks like before I place it in a document. I am inputting a directory of about 600 pages with hundreds of different advertisers who want all sorts of different looks in their ads.

Your best bet is to use a Font Management application that will allow you to install/uninstall fonts, view them, etc.

Below is a list of some of the more common ones:
Adobe Type Manager Deluxe, from Adobe
Font Navigator, from Bitstream. Bitstream have withdrawn this in favour of another program, Font Reserve. However, Font Navigator has for several years been packaged with Corel products, so there are many copies in circulation
Suitcase for Windows, from Extensis

If you have more than 150 fonts installed and use PM regulalry, it is highly recommended that you use on of these applications and uninstall all but 150 fonts maximum. More installed fonts will cause various problems and general system slowness.
When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back