Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pagemaker 6.5 and Win Xp 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plantguy

Technical User
Nov 21, 2001
CA
I just purchased a new computer with Win Xp on it. I transfered my previously created files (created in Win 98 1st edition) to the new computer via LAN. When I opened them on the new computer, the colour looked almost distorted, and exporting them to PDF format didn't work. I downloaded a PS driver for Win NT - and exported them. It worked fine, except the graphics were now grayscale, and were moved around on the page.

Mike Plantguy
m_vaninsberghe@hotmail.com
vanins@island.net

Hello,
Here are some things to check.
***File/Preferences...make sure graphics are set to high resolution
***File/Links Manager....make sure the links are updated and not broken
*** If they are metafiles you will need to see the following link to the adobe document...
Probably if your graphics are moving around in exporting the file they are pasted in which makes them metafiles. This will cause the graphics to move around in exporting to a pdf since the driver has a hard time reading the ps code and converting them to a pdf.
**** If the graphics are linked them make sure they are on the same harddrive as the file and not on the network or a disk.
*** IF they are eps graphics look at the following document
Good luck

Thanks,
The graphics are metafiles, and i have had problems with these publications in the past.

Another question...
To avoid re-scanning all of the images, would it work if I double-clicked on the image (which opens it in Photoshop LE) and save it from there?

Mike
Plantguy
vanins@island.net

Hello,
Yes that is a good fix.
Once you save them then just do a file/place them.
Good luck

thanks, it worked! No problems now...
Plantguy
vanins@island.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back