Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pagemaker 6.5 and PDF Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmjohn

Technical User
Dec 17, 2006
US
I recently installed PM 6.5. I'm running WinXP. Then I wanted to make a PDF from a file. I needed to install a PS Printer driver, which I did, after much research becs I don't have a PS printer installed.

Now when I proceed to export to PDF, the Distiller comes up and says that it can't find the file to distill and that I need to check the 'path' to make sure it is correct. Then it ends with nothing. I can't find the .ps file either. I'm thinkin' that it's not making the .ps file to begin with. Any suggestions?

[dazed] or %-)

Firstly, PM6.5 is not supported on WinXP as it's ancient, so the bottom line is all bets are off and you're on your own. If you're serious about DTP, then upgrade to InDesign using your PM licence number to gain a discount.

Secondly, check these support pages and FAQs:
1. 2. Install the Adobe Postscript Driver
2. Installing and Setting Up PM7's Export… Adobe PDF… using the “Application” CD-ROM
3. PDF Issues

LIVERPOOL FC - FA Cup Winners 2006.
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

What about PM 7? Will the PDF maker work on Win XP? I've tried everything that you suggested and still 'no-go'. I just want to convert an occassional file to PDF, one for now actually, otherwise I'm happy and familiar with PM.

PM7 is supported on WinXP, but it's still old software.

Do not use PDFMaker with PM; use Export.. AdobePDF.. or the two stage porcess described here

LIVERPOOL FC - FA Cup Winners 2006.
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back