Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PageFrames

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigspank

Programmer
Aug 10, 2001
US
I have a report that has three pages in the page frame. I want my vcr buttons to affect all three pages at the same time, I want all three pages to go to the next record and append blank. How do I accomplish this? When you sow a thought, you reap an act. When you sow an act, you reap a habit. When you sow a habit, you reap a character. When you sow a character, you reap a destiny.

I suppose you meant that u have a form with three pages. Now the vcr button is used for navigation and IMHO doing something like APPEND BLANK is rather odd.

The vcr button from samples will affect one table only. If there are relations then it will move the record pointer in the other tables also.
It will be wise to have a command button which will append records to the required tables.

AjoyK

Hi BigSPank

In the VCR Button Group's click event (I assume you have a class for the vcr buttons) add the code...

DODEFAULT()
ThisForm.PageFrame1.Refresh()
ThisForm.PageFrame2.Refresh()
ThisForm.PageFrame3.Refresh()
etc...
This shall take care of your advancement.
Hope this helps:)
ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G)
FoxAcc
ramani_g@yahoo.com
LET KNOW IF THIS HELPED. ENOUGH EXPERTS ARE HERE TO HELP YOU OUT! BEST OF LUCK :)

A bit of playing mister knowitall..;-),

A better one would be (it will always refresh all pages, independend of the number of pages)

LOCAL lnCounter, llRetVal

llRetVal = DODEFAULT()
lnCounter = 0

IF llRetVal
WITH THISFORM.PageFrame
FOR lnCounter = 1 TO .pageCount
.Pages[lnCounter].REFRESH()
ENDFOR
ENDWITH
ENDIF

RETURN llRetVal

HTH,
Weedz (Wietze Veld)
My private project:CrownBase source code can be downloaded !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back