Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pagefile problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

proudusa

MIS
Sep 19, 2001
US
Whenever the system starts up i get a message saying no page file was found..temporary file created.

Everytime i set the page file but it doesn't keep the settings. The message is displayed at each logon.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Are you logging on with Administrator privileges?

How much free space on the drive you are trying to create the page file on?

If you haven't checked the drive for errors and defragged it, I would probably try that next.

Did you change any of the security settings for this drive? Removal of the 'Everyone' group includes the 'Local System' account which is needed to create the page file.

make sure the pagefile c:\pagefile.sys in properties -> Security, SYSTEM should have full rights, once it has re-boot the system and up the size of the page file, this should work.

all the best.

thanks i'll try that godfather.....and one of the systems experiencing it the everyone group had been removed.

thanks godfather and titleist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back