Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page Up/Page Down v's Scrollbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzey

MIS
May 30, 2002
AU
Hi Everyone,

I have a form with a continuous subform on it. I want the user to select the data in the subform based on the data shown on the main form - they have to do this, as it is a manual matching facility.

At the minute, on the subform I have disabled the scrollbars, so they have to use page up/down on the keyboard. When they select a record, I have another subform that calculates what record they are at and displays a nice big arrow next to the record. Unfortunately when I use the page up/down it puts the current record at the top of the page, which puts my numbering out for the subform (am I making sense!), so I have another subform with 20 arrows in it and I display the one that tallies with the current record.

What I need to know is how do I find out where I am on the continuous form. I can find out what record number I'm on, but I can't tell if record 65 is sitting at the top of the form, or half way down.

I know this may seem like a strange way to do this, but I really need to highlight what they are selecting in a big way.

Anyone got any ideas? If anyone can tell me how to find out where they've clicked in the continuous form, I should be able to make it work.

Thanks in advance

Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back