Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page skip problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

zsyed

MIS
Dec 25, 2011
CA
Wondering whether anyone can help me understanding the page skip problem that I'm acing.
I've a sub report in one of the detail sections. the report print everything fine except where there is no data concerning the table of the sub report. if there is no data then that section should suppress and follow the next section of the detail. however, the next section print in the next page.
I've suppressed option for suppress blank reports. Also checked for keep together.
The sub report has multiple details sections. I need them 50. If I keep only 36 then I don't see page skip problem. But I need all 50 sections.
if there is some data in the table then the report works normal without problems for all 50 sections.

Many Thanks in advance.

Try checking the suppress blank section for each detail section. I hope that helps.
50 sub reports? That is a lot!

I did checked suppress blank section on all detail sections both in main and sub report. But no luck.
just to correct :50 sections, not sub reports.

Just to update on my own question: I resolved this issue and figured out that it was because suppress (no-dill down) was not checked. I had a conditional formula in there to show only when needed. Having checked this option, all is printing together.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back