Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page retaining false data

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwatty

IS-IT--Management
Aug 3, 2001
GB
Hi,

I have created an intranet site where one of the aspects is a listing of forth coming events run by our company. When ever we take a booking, our admin staff amend the details of the event on the site.

Everything is working perfectly, except one thing. When ever I click on an event in the event listing page, the detail page shows the correct details, however when I click on the amend details link, the same details are passed to the amend_details.asp page. I have checked that the correct parameters are being passed and there is nothing wrong as far as I can see. Even when I hover over the amend details link the correct ID is displayed at the bottom of the browser in the full link.

Even when I click to follow the link to the page that is displaying the false data, the correct ID is displayed in the address.

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this and how to rectify the situation.

Red

"Mmmm gummy Venus De Milo"

Homer J Simpson

Sorry but I dont understand your problem?

Make sure that the recordset on your ammend details page is pulling the id from the querystring. Other than that try posting the code for the 2 pages The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

Hi Cheech,

Thanks for that I checked my recordset and I realised as I was doing the query in advanced I had forgotten to add the variable MMCOLParam.

I have rectified this and it seems to work.

Cheers for your help again!

Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back