Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

page over sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

wichie13

Technical User
Feb 4, 2002
CA
Hello all. I have setup the default page group to page all sets but nothing comes across just silence. And no errors come up on the set I am paging from. The sets are i2004's should they not be able to page on the set speakers?

Thanks

Wichie

It actually works, but its a minute and a half delay before the page connects. I checked the gateway and it was wrong and didn't make a difference the dns is set for 8.8.8.8 and 4.2.2.2

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Wichie

Its setup as a Dhcp server for the sets, I did not put a dns in there should it be what I have above or the customers network dns?

What does that gateway you're talking about have to with paging through the speakers of the sets?

You simply create a paging group from the left side menu in the GUI and add the sets you want in that particular page group. If you want them to be talkback groups, just check the duplex box.

Still having an issue with this. I deleted and re-added the page group and I also tried with just a few sets. still takes some time. exactly 45 seconds after you press the button before page goes out.

Thanks

well I think I figured out my issue I had the dns configured to the emetrotel defaults and have changed them to the customers network settings and now the page intiates in 2 to 7 seconds.

Thanks

Wichie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back