Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Page or Intercom all phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildcatboy7

IS-IT--Management
Aug 18, 2005
US
Is there a way to set up the ability to do a corporate wide page using the build in speakers in 2000 or 3000 series phones on a CS1000 switch? Say if we needed to make an announcement in an emergency situation. A tornado warning and we wanted employees to take shelter.

You can do corporate-wide paging on 1100/1200-series IP phones (with a 3rd-party application) but not on 2000/3000-series digital phones.

Nope, not with out the 3rd party application, BUT I used it at a site and it is SLOW to access all the sets. Plus the server always needs to be re-booted once a month or so. I would use overhead paging as suggested above.

It's a phone system, NOT a clock!

I have never seen a 3rd party application for digital sets like you asked about. IP sets, yes, digital, no. Nortel used to make an Application Gateway for IP phones to do this but I believe it has been discontinued. Valcom may make something for IP now but not digital.

The only other way I know is to send out a broadcast voicemail message to light up the message waiting light on the digital phones. It's not ideal unless you happen to be looking at the phone.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back